top_image

<  Game reviews  ~  Any Animal MMORPGs???

TwoEars
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:15 am Reply with quote
Mmm, Perfect World looks fun. My computer should support it...

Hehe, but I won't have time. I'm a Ragnarok Online addict, it's not even that great of a game, but somehow I just can't stop playing... (:<

LK wrote:
Ghost wrote:
I want to play an game that takes place in the ocean. You could pick to either be a dolphin, orca, shark, whale, so on... I like orcas the most. the goals of the game would be simple.
Is there a game like that? (With excellent graphics, as well.)

I WOULD BE A SEA URCHIN
Oh gosh I love those little buggers. Too cute, I used to always scrape them off rocks and stuff and put them in a plastic box, lol. But then set them back in the ocean, of course. Wink

I WILL JOIN YOU IN YOUR SEA-URCHIN-NESS! D:<

By the by, your icon is rather awesome LK.
Make me giggle. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Deos
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:04 am Reply with quote
Accario wrote:
Ok..So..Someone want to explain to me how to get Horizons running? Crying or Very sad I'm very confused. I supposedly have it installed, but whenever I click the 'Play Horizons' icon, I'm taken to the website. I've created an account and run the patcher thing(which said something about some file failing to install..). I still can't figure out how to get to the actual GAME. Someone help meeeee. Crying or Very sad

Hoookay... Dont panic, you do everything right. The game starts from the website, there is no mistake. Website works for one sole purpose, to create a complex lauch command and to patch the game using an ActiveX plugin. I do agree that it's kinda lame and lazy move, to use internet explorer' security protocol and interface instead of writing your own, like majority of mmorpgs do.. But it aint that bad. Create your account, then use the web site to log in, then click "create new character", pick "Chaos" server (other 2 are not an option if you care to read the descriptions), if everythings done right, the game will start the patcher, check its files and open up the character creation hall.

Important:

1) If you use WinXP, you must have .NET runtime library installed, get it here - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=262D25E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en
2) If you use Windows Vista, then you are in trouble. Current game build does not run under Vista. Though they've promised to fix the issue soon. If you want to know my opinion, Vista sucks a royal one anyways, so it's maybe a good excuse to trash it out and install back the one true OS - Win-XP Very Happy
3) During first login the game will ask you to install an ActiveX plugin which contains the game patcher, it is necessary to install it, let your internet explorer run the installation, by default it's getting blocked with security popup bar, asking you if you really want to install it.

Quote:
I have absolutely no idea, but I would guess procreation occurs in their humanoid forms, rather than their animal-transformations...

Yeah, of course, a giant tiger suitable for a mount + tiny fox would be .. a painful love %)). But even the bi-ped forms still represent different kinds.. Canidae and felidae can not have children because of core genetic difference, bi-ped or not.. Just a grain of common logic and sense.
TwoEars
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:16 pm Reply with quote
I just realized what was bugging me so much about the girls in Perfect World- they all stand the way high fashion models do- shoulder back, chest raised, feet together.
xDDD

</productive observation>
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ghost
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 13 Oct 2007 Posts: 1915 Location: Lost in my own delusions.
I need to hop back on Perfect World sometime. Just to fiddle around with it some more. I feel so lonely there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Aurel
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:56 pm Reply with quote
...I feel like such an idiot right now. Laughing Moogie, stupid question time! I keep getting this:

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/5103/serverse5.jpg

And obviously I can't log in. *headscratches* Is the game down, or am I just doing something wrong?
Ghost
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:16 am Reply with quote
Joined: 13 Oct 2007 Posts: 1915 Location: Lost in my own delusions.
The game runs on two servers, Oracle and Delphi. Sometimes one is online with the other is offline. That is where you choose which sever to log on to.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Aurel
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:39 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I did manage to figure out that much. But with the status and connection speed fields being blank, and its refusal to let me actually connect, made me wonder if it was down.

I don't know. It was awhile ago and now it's actually downloading an update, so I'll try again.

Edit: Okay, it's decided to work now for whatever reason. I guess it was down. Laughing Off I go to fiddle around!
Moogie
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:57 am Reply with quote
Deos wrote:

Quote:
I have absolutely no idea, but I would guess procreation occurs in their humanoid forms, rather than their animal-transformations...

Yeah, of course, a giant tiger suitable for a mount + tiny fox would be .. a painful love %)). But even the bi-ped forms still represent different kinds.. Canidae and felidae can not have children because of core genetic difference, bi-ped or not.. Just a grain of common logic and sense.

Hehe, funny you should say that... actually werebeasts can be Pandas, Tigers or Wolves in their humanoid forms, and werefoxes can be Felines, Bat-like or Foxes. xD They all still change into tigers/foxes though.

But then, this is a high-fantasy game, and the lore behind it doesn't bother me as long as it's fun to play.
Aurel
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:28 am Reply with quote
...Really? XD

That's a shame. Running around as a giant panda would be hilarious!
opale12
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:26 am Reply with quote
OMG I can't believe it! I just downloaded Perfect World monday and planned to install it this weekend... then I come on TEF I had left for a few times and find this topic.... talking about Perfect World!!!! Shocked Shocked (so it's really that great? Embarassed )

to Accario: Welcome to Horizons, friend! Believe me, the 10 bucks/month is worth it Wink if you have more problems with the login, post here, i will look for it as I have been playing Horizons since october and can help you Razz

p.s. there was people on the first/second page talking about they couldn't play Horizons because it was expensive... me too I find it's expensive, but come on, it's fun Laughing

p.p.s. Hey Accario, the name's BlueFire Mertandel, hope to see you on Chaos Wink
Verdalas
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:30 am Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Feb 2007 Posts: 3627 Location: When the time is right, you'll know..
I heard Horizons was as laggy as poopoo. e_e I wish I could play it, but I'm one of those people who can't afford to pay for a game.

On another note, does anyone know of an efficient method of downloading the whole 2GB of Perfect World without it either crashing randomly or taking six hours? I'm using Firefox, but the 10 part download always crashes on the second part. =/
TwoEars
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:44 am Reply with quote
Verdalas wrote:
On another note, does anyone know of an efficient method of downloading the whole 2GB of Perfect World without it either crashing randomly or taking six hours? I'm using Firefox, but the 10 part download always crashes on the second part. =/

That's why I'm afraid to try downloading it. xD

I fear the crashes! *pets her pretty pretty laptop* It works so well normally! I can't bear to put it at risk! D:
Moogie
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:10 am Reply with quote
Use a download manager that will allow you to safely resume the download even if you have to shut down.

I recommend the BitTorrent option, though. Far, far quicker and easier than downloading from some server in Malaysia.
TwoEars
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:31 am Reply with quote
Ok... I'm downloading it. Should take just 4 more hours. Laughing Not too shabby, iRO took half the night. (Why oh why do I always have to download things at night?!)

Anyways, I went to register, filled out all the info, clicked the Register button and... the page reset. As if I had refreshed it.

{edit:} Everything is working now. All I must do is wait for it to finish downloading. *sigh*
WindHowler
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:47 am Reply with quote
Joined: 26 Nov 2007 Posts: 168 Location: Somewhere, Somehow...Someplace
So anyways what server are you guys on
I'm on Oracle
With my main character Ra'Tai Very Happy