top_image

<  Forest Design Issues and Ideas  ~  Suggested Merchandises to help with Phase Funding

Bunnisteffi
Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Hey all-deer,

This thread is actually from the 'No Funding for Phase 3' thread. Some of us had suggested making/ordering merchandise to help with the funding for Phase 3.

The ideas are:
Idea Custom-made deer plushies
Idea Picto-personalised keychains/charms

If you guys have other ideas, do post them here!

I'm currently making a Glyph-keychain, and I promised the other thread that I would post photos after I'm done. So I shall put them here, later on.

Bunnisteffi

EDIT:
Moved up from below:
Idea CCG -type deal
Idea TEF Shirts etc. (?)
Idea TEF Card Game
Idea Pictures/Artwork of the forest

Last edited by Bunnisteffi on Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Bunnisteffi
Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Moogie wrote:
These people look like pretty skilled manufacturers of lifelike plushes and other toys.

http://www.tapirback.com/tapirgal/gifts/friends/series-stuffed-animals.htm

They do apparently do custom creations - click on "Place a Special Order" and you'll see it says "This order form may be used for custom-made stuffed animals".

But I don't know if they work in bulk, or how long it takes, or how much it costs...

Still, if these people were commissioned to make *my* deer, I'd pay whatever's on the pricetag for it. xD

Or, you could go with the Chinese sweatsh-- ...er, I mean, Perfectly Upstanding Company. Smile

http://www.made-in-china.com/showroom/guotaitoy/product-list/catalog-1.html

This one is about the plushies.

Bunnisteffi
BlacksandBays
Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Surprised TEF plushies? I'm TOTALLY IN.
Bunnisteffi
Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:58 am Reply with quote
Yay! Good for you!

Has anyone sent in an enquiry to the Plushie Groups, yet? Or would you all like to search for more sources first? Smile I could do the enquiry thing, if nobody wants to.

Bunnisteffi
Lyrak
Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:04 am Reply with quote
Joined: 29 Jul 2007 Posts: 1139 Location: Some Ohio Cornfield
Bunnisteffi wrote:
Yay! Good for you!

Has anyone sent in an enquiry to the Plushie Groups, yet? Or would you all like to search for more sources first? Smile I could do the enquiry thing, if nobody wants to.

Bunnisteffi

I think Michael and/or Auriea would have to do this, since making a plushie based on TEF would possibly deal with copyright things they wouldn't want to touch if just a user contacted them. Companies usually shy away from that unless it's the copyright holder who approaches them.
Michael
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:23 am Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 07 Jun 2002 Posts: 8065 Location: Gent, Belgium
Well, if the point is to raise some money for TEF development, then we definitely need to be in control, don't we? But feel free to find out how these things can be manufactured and what the deal is.
Bunnisteffi
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:06 am Reply with quote
Bunnisteffi wrote:

Michael@ Please do ask soon! I would like to know if we could have the Endless Deers in life-form (well, kinda, since it's out of the screen), AND also help with the funding. =)

Bunnisteffi

Wink

Last edited by Bunnisteffi on Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
asryakino
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:52 pm Reply with quote
I'd love to try to buy little TEF deer!
Could set it up with teddy bear-sized plushies, or with little plushies you could have accessories with (like the masks andantlers to attach) to make your own deer (or how you like your deer best)
You -might- could look into a CCG-type deal as well?
Pictures of the twin gods, of Michael and Auriea's deer with little stats on them, like 'favorite thing to do in the forest'... get some of the more active deer in the forest (or the people who are most active in the forums or something)'s deer. And pictures of the various places in the forest...
I dunno, I think it'd be kinda neat.
I really like the glyph keychains and the clothing ideas and that lot.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Wildbluesun
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Dec 2006 Posts: 4266 Location: London, Land of Tea and Top Hats
XD An Endless Forest card game...

"Attack with Devout Spell!"
"Counter with Trumpet Antlers!"
Michael
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Laughing
ÄlveKatt
Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:19 pm Reply with quote
You know what I would like. If you could buy detailed endless forest figurines. Either prepainted or blank for your own imagination. That pose that they go into when they listen would work great. Preferrably with mix and match options for pelts, antlers and masks.

Also, a blank mask base for your own mask designs and a collection of antler peices that you can glue together as you wish.

This would be cool.

But seriously, you have this amazing concept artist, why not just ask her if she would mind selling prints of endless forest concept art and give you half the profit?

Also, people seem to love Alices Icons. She tends to give them away for free, so maybe she wouldn't mind taking a fee for her icons of which most goes to you ?
Lyrak
Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:48 pm Reply with quote
ÄlveKatt wrote:
You know what I would like. If you could buy detailed endless forest figurines. Either prepainted or blank for your own imagination. That pose that they go into when they listen would work great. Preferrably with mix and match options for pelts, antlers and masks.

Paint your own would be cool. The Breyer company that makes all those horse statues does that every so often. And we could use them for concept art.
Michael
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:39 am Reply with quote
ÄlveKatt wrote:
But seriously, you have this amazing concept artist, why not just ask her if she would mind selling prints of endless forest concept art and give you half the profit?

You're right. That's a great idea. We keep telling her to do this for herself. But maybe we should take the initiative. We'll discuss it with her.
Bunnisteffi
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:51 am Reply with quote
ÄlveKatt wrote:

Also, a blank mask base for your own mask designs and a collection of antler peices that you can glue together as you wish.

Maybe both kinds? So that those who don't like to paint/think they'll do a bad job could have the pre-painted ones? There could be a small phamplet of all the mask and pelt designs/colours, and a mini-guide, perhaps, 'cause I think that unless if I paint mine in front of my computer screen, pausing everyone once so often to dip myself in the waterfall (red), I wouldn't do a very nice deer.

ÄlveKatt wrote:

Also, people seem to love Alices Icons. She tends to give them away for free, so maybe she wouldn't mind taking a fee for her icons of which most goes to you ?

What do you mean by 'Icons'? As in the Pictos we have, or concept art, or...? It would be nice to be able to showcase TEF stuff with me all the time, like having my glyph around, or the stuffed Endless deer (Has it been enquired for, yet?). Smile

Bunnisteffi
Lyrak
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Bunnisteffi wrote:

What do you mean by 'Icons'? As in the Pictos we have, or concept art, or...?

Forum icons. Look around. Some people have little pixel deer, which Allice made for them.