top_image

<  Forest Design Issues and Ideas  ~  Feature requests

Raz
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 24 Mar 2008 Posts: 2866 Location: With the FuzzyRaptors
Wolves are, and always will be a giant, big, fat NO.

The game is supposed to be peaceful.

Don't really like the idea of herds either even if this game has deerlike characters, I remember ages ago people tried to have herds in the game, it wasn't recieved well and then died out.
It just seems like it'd add a huge, non optional headache to the game if something like that was added.
Verdalas
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Feb 2007 Posts: 3627 Location: When the time is right, you'll know..
I like the idea of your adult gender being determined by your behaviour as a fawn, but then that promotes the stereotypical idea that females are peaceful, males are violent, etc etc.

The other issue with genders is that some people who DO get female deer might want antlers or so on. Providing a difference in appearance can change the way people play or think, so it's best to leave that side of things to imagination. A lot of community players are creative and do so!
Aoitatsu
Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:28 pm Reply with quote
I've only been playing for a couple of days now but already I can think of a few things that could be added to make the experience better, probably most have been said already though.

1. A list of past interactions. Since apparently a buddy list seems to have been taken negatively. But instead of an actual buddy list there can be a list that holds any deer you have interacted with for up to a week. That way you can find those players more easily. This list can also tell you who you had cast spells on, who you gave a nuzzle to, etc.

2. Being able to click the picto of others and yourself and be able to see a biography type of thing or description people choose for their character. Can help see if they are seeking anything in particular be a link to a roleplay group they are active in, or just an over all description of their deer's personality. I think this would be helpful to expand the game so that others can communicate with each other better.

For example this deer doesn't like spells cast on them they would be able to put that in their bio so others can know.

I myself am looking for roleplay which is difficult to find in game seeing as I can't talk to the other players and explain what I am looking for so this would be helpful to maybe see if they are a member of the forum and then we can speak with each other there.
Raz
Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:24 am Reply with quote
Joined: 24 Mar 2008 Posts: 2866 Location: With the FuzzyRaptors
Pretty much all of that can be done on the Community site.

Deer have profiles and biographies.

There's a map you can use to click on pictos and it will bring up who the deer is.

I doubt M and A would incorperate any list type things ingame because the game is not supposed to be like your everyday MMO.