top_image

<  Forest Problems and Bugs  ~  What happened to everyone?

Apricorn
Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:04 pm Reply with quote
I have the latest version of the game. It doesn't really lag. But, I guess I wouldn't know since there are no deer other than me. I live in the USA in Arkansas. It just isn't working for me. I runs fine, but I have an orange light when connecting. When I stay still and connect, it's green for a while. When I move it instantly turns orange. My internet is pretty average. Doesn't cut out a lot, only in storms. I'm not in a storm. It's actually pretty nice outside. Help, anyone? Crying or Very sad
Nemu
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:57 pm Reply with quote
The same thing is happening to me! I just thought no one else was on, but it's been happening since I began playing. My button is orange, even though I disconnect and reconnect(it turns green for a moment, but returns to orange). I'm not sure why it's doing this.
Apricorn
Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:02 am Reply with quote
The weird thing is, I check the thing and it says there are like 38 people online and yet I see nobody around...
Scape
Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 15 Feb 2008 Posts: 4154 Location: Sleeping Amongst the Dragonflies
Sounds like the dreaded "pictos won't spread" bug. Sadly, there's no known fix for this. No one is even really sure why it happens. But the theory is, TEF is an internet hog, so if your speed is just a bit down or someone else (or another program you're running) is using the internet, you may not be able to connect all the way. All you can really do is wait and see if the pictos spread. Then disconnecting/reconnecting, or restarting TEF completely. Sometimes trying a different time of the day makes a difference too.
Everyone runs into this bug at least once though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger