top_image

<  Forest Problems and Bugs  ~  Network on TEF error? Another issue..? And another...

kirbyrules
Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:35 am Reply with quote
1. Hi, im new, and i just downloaded the new TEF. For some reason, i can't connect to the network. It keeps saying, error, and keeps trying to connect, but it repeats the error again. So, i went to the firewall and enabled TEF home and public. But, it still gives me an error, i tried reinstalling it, but it still won't work. Crying or Very sad I even enabled TEF through my anti-virus' firewall. It still won't work!

2. There's a second issue. Since i'm new, i downloaded the most recent version, right? WRONG. It keep saying, "The third generation of pictograms have been added. Please upgrade!" But this IS the most recent download. I tried re-installing it and it won't work....Help?

3. Finally, the last issue. My screensaver won't work. When ever i try to enable it, it says theres an error...I saved it into C://Programs:Talesoftales:Theendlessforest. So why am i getting this error?
Rire
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:09 am Reply with quote
Joined: 31 Dec 2007 Posts: 114 Location: The forest, of course
TEF has its own section further down; you will probably get more prompt responses if you post there.

1. Try running the program as an administrator.
2. This is normal. It shows that message regardless of what version you are running. If you can see all the pictograms and no "box" pictograms, you don't need to do anything.
3. Don't know. I'm assuming you wrote that file location yourself, though, because it should be C:\Program Files\Tale of Tales\The Endless Forest 3 (I think) and I'm reasonably sure the computer won't assign a colon in place of a backslash.