top_image

<  Forest Design Issues and Ideas  ~  Birds on all antlers?

QuadRaptor
Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Heya guys, I had a question:

How hard would it be to program the 'birds sitting on your antlers' effect on each of the antler varieties? I mean obviously if it's time consuming then don't worry about it, but I really enjoy having the little birds sit on my antlers when I'm wearing the default antlers, but would love to see them be able to sit on the other antlers.

Just a little idea. If it's too complicated then no worries!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Sluggs
Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:10 pm Reply with quote
or have them flying around your head when wearing other antlers. That way, M&A wouldn't have to worry about making them sit in the right places, for each set of antlers.
Terabetha
Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Hm, that would be interesting but I'm not sure if I'd want them sitting in my antlers all the time lol...which makes me think, is it only in certain areas of the forest or do you get birds sitting in your antlers regardless of where you are?
QuadRaptor
Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:48 pm Reply with quote
That's a good point, I didn't even think about that.

Quad's sitting near the Twin Gods right now with default antlers and he doesn't have any birds sitting on him, but when he sits in the Birch Forest, he gets them. So I think they're only in the Birch Forest area.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Fiddlesticks
Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 26 Jul 2010 Posts: 288 Location: Russia. Russia. Error.
QuadRaptor wrote:
That's a good point, I didn't even think about that.

Quad's sitting near the Twin Gods right now with default antlers and he doesn't have any birds sitting on him, but when he sits in the Birch Forest, he gets them. So I think they're only in the Birch Forest area.

Maybe we should test it out. ;3
Raz
Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:20 am Reply with quote
Joined: 24 Mar 2008 Posts: 2866 Location: With the FuzzyRaptors
I agree with Terabetha, unless there's some "birds on, birds off" option XD

And there'd be no way we could test anything out. We cannot add or subtract anything to/from TEF. M and A are the only ones who can do that.
Fiddlesticks
Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:32 am Reply with quote
Raz wrote:
I agree with Terabetha, unless there's some "birds on, birds off" option XD

And there'd be no way we could test anything out. We cannot add or subtract anything to/from TEF. M and A are the only ones who can do that.

>>' I meant test the location. >>'
Scape
Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:38 am Reply with quote
Joined: 15 Feb 2008 Posts: 4154 Location: Sleeping Amongst the Dragonflies
Quad already did that. He says in his comment that he had his deer sitting by the Twin Gods hill (in the First Forest), but no birds appeared, and that birds always appear when he's in the birch.

So we know that the birds only land on default antlers in the birch forest.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Saosin
Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:17 am Reply with quote
I adore the birds.

You can achieve something like this in the newest version, if you sneeze to the default antlers and sit long enough for the birds to come, then load your set again. If you stand up some might get stuck and you can walk around with them for a while too. Sadly they will disappear shortly after it, so it's not quite the same, but fun to try out nonetheless.
Fiddlesticks
Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Saosin wrote:
I adore the birds.

You can achieve something like this in the newest version, if you sneeze to the default antlers and sit long enough for the birds to come, then load your set again. If you stand up some might get stuck and you can walk around with them for a while too. Sadly they will disappear shortly after it, so it's not quite the same, but fun to try out nonetheless.

Would that work in the beta, I wonder? Sorry for any errors, not used to a mac. x3