top_image

<  News & gossip  ~  Hello!!

sagasky
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Hey guys long time no see, I saw this and thought of you fella's, yes there's killing but in this case..it works..

[url]wolfquest.org[/url]

It's supposed to be realistic in that of learning about a wolf, and doing what they do. Interesting concept. Also an mmo. This time no rpg with the lvl up system, just rp. I like the idea... I first discovered it on onrpg.com saw your recent post about the fawns being "scary" and criticized...if you think thats bad..read what these morons said about this game

"If people seriously got time to make such joke games ( i know it's not a joke but still " ) , they should make better use of their money and time to make at least a good serious game.
Wolf quest will be player by 4 yr old kids lol ."

More like that commented about it also, meh, they were critical on endless forest to, they just dont GET it, they'd rather fall through the cliche' killing and such, while they complain its all the same, and bash something different...bleh. They just dont give it a chance..but once again, yes these people only care about graphics.. and not fun. Okay some do..but they are still critical and act dumb about it. But this game is in no way a joke, I'd love for them at some point to do one with whales or such.... rarely you learn stuff when playing a game, it just usually dumbs people down now, and have them thinking, the best way to get around something and to prove something is to kill... you talk back, he kills you, and with that its ended cause hes got "authority" over you cause hes "stronger"...dumb....

Anyway hello guys!

Whats this about open beta? O-o.. I certainly missed some stuff lol
Michael
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 07 Jun 2002 Posts: 8065 Location: Gent, Belgium
Hello, and welcome back!

Wolfquest has already been mentioned on this forum.
You're late! Wink
Come and join us in Phase Three!
Wildbluesun
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Dec 2006 Posts: 4266 Location: London, Land of Tea and Top Hats
*shrug* WolfQuest is aimed (badly - "WITH REAL LEARNING!" is hardly the best tagline) at ten year olds. What do you expect?

The Forest is for people who've matured a bit inside. Enough to appreciate something which isn't all hack-and-slash. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you wouldn't expect a ten year old to appreciate still paintings, so why should they appreciate moving ones?

Anyway, ten year olds are given so little freedom in the real world (you can't go to the park! THE MEDIA-INVENTED PERVS MIGHT GET YOU!) that it's quite understandable they're interested in the freedom they get in virtual worlds, even if it's the freedom to hurt and not be told off.
sagasky
Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:00 am Reply with quote
Thats the thing..they arent 10...lol..they just act it...lol and wolfquest seems to have attracted older audiences too

lol michael..

lol my pc still struggles with the beauty of the forrest -.- goes slowly..
Lyrak
Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 29 Jul 2007 Posts: 1139 Location: Some Ohio Cornfield
You betcha wolfquest has attracted older audiences. XD I'm in my 20s and it still looks fun to me.

But I'm a bit wolf-obsessed anyhow, and play an older DOS game similar in concept.

And somehow I think the "real learning" part is aimed at the parents, not the kids. Wink Parents are still the head honchos (or are supposed to be lol) when it comes to what sorts of games their kids are playing, so they're likely to go for something that advertises learning.