top_image

<  Forest Problems and Bugs  ~  Many Issues with 3.13...

Wetterhound
Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 11 Jun 2008 Posts: 114 Location: United States of America
Hello, and thank you for reading. ^^

I have tried to download the version of 3.13 over a dozen times, from different sources, and from different download clients.
The same things keep happening to me.

1. Logs in as a fawn, and no matter what username I sign in with, I am still a fawn without a pictogram.
2. Will not show or spread pictograms.
3. Nature detail is 'off', as well as soft effect and show other players, and no matter how many times I change the settings and save them, nothing changes. I have replaced the preference files with working ones from 3.31, I have tried changing the 'Settings' CRG file...I've tried everything.

I'm not sure what everyone else is doing that makes 3.13 work for them...I've searched everywhere looking for an answer to these, but nobody else seems to be having this problem.
If you run 3.13 or you know how to help me, please reply. ^^

Thank you,
~Wetterhound
Wetterhound
Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:30 am Reply with quote
Bump, because I really need help with this.
Tae
Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:59 am Reply with quote
Hi i think i had the same problem when i was trying to have 2 versions of TEF on the comp. I am new to Windows 7 and had many problems (and i hate it allready!) but when you open version 3.31 folder there should be a forestviewer application. If you double click that it will open a new window.
Now this confused me because i thought it would run the forest but instead in there is a Q3DStart file. This should run the forest.
Now check the file address at the top. does it match up to the 3.31 folder?
The forestviewer application seems to open up in the wrong place so if you change the file address to match up with the correct folder then it should work.... or just open up the correct folder and run it from there.

I don't think i'm making sense... and this is all assuming you've got 2 versions installed, and do you even have windows 7? ... hmm...

There was another similar problem i was having because when i was uninstalling the forest it wasn't removed entirely so that when i re-installed and opened up the forestviewer application, it would still open up the wrong folder.

Hope this helps and you can understand some of it. I'm getting all confused just thinking about it and lack of sleep doesn't help. I'll see if i can get my words out better tommorow.
Michael
Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:01 am Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 07 Jun 2002 Posts: 8065 Location: Gent, Belgium
Why do you want to use version 3.13?
Wetterhound
Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Tae - Thank you for your help, and I will try that as soon as I get home. Thank you very much for responding. ^^

Michael - Well, first, I was wanting to help my friends cast the DotD sets, but now that Halloween is over, I'm mostly trying to get it to work just because it's not, if that makes sense. The fact that it's not working is why I want to make it work.
Doesn't make much sense, I know, but because my computer isn't letting me do something that I wanted it to, it bothers me enough that I just want it to work. Lol.
Michael
Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:02 am Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 07 Jun 2002 Posts: 8065 Location: Gent, Belgium
Ok. Version 3.4 will be there when you need it, I guess. Surprised