top_image

<  Forest Design Issues and Ideas  ~  An idea

Comen
Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:19 am Reply with quote
I'm very impressed with the work put into the dream, and I enjoy playing it alot.

But to me, the forest seems a bit plain. Yes it has trees, and a few patches of grass and mushrooms every here and there, but I think some bushes, or more grass would make the forest more lively.

Just an idea Smile
Moogie
Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Comen wrote:
I'm very impressed with the work put into the dream, and I enjoy playing it alot.

But to me, the forest seems a bit plain. Yes it has trees, and a few patches of grass and mushrooms every here and there, but I think some bushes, or more grass would make the forest more lively.

Just an idea Smile

It would be lovely to see more detail in the Forest. Smile However, the client's performance isn't really that good to begin with. It struggles already with the somewhat-simple graphics it has now. In order to support a more lush environment, I think they would have to tighten up the coding a lot first. The problem there is, our devs are primarily graphics designers, not programmers. In a way, this is an advantage; they've been able to squeeze a lot of aesthetic details into the Forest and have made a beautiful environment for us to roam in. But on the other hand, the performance issues... Sad Undoubtedly, the Forest has the potential to be so much bigger than it currently is.

But you never know! TEF continues to slowly improve over the years. The main problem is for them to find the funding they need to carry on working on it. But I'm thankful they're working on it at all. Smile Limitations aside, Michael & Aureia have fostered an incredibly loyal and active community around what is essentially a very simple client, and that never ceases to amaze me. As long as TEF remains online, anything they add or improve in the future is just gravy.