top_image

<  Endless Forest News  ~  Working on the game...

Dag
Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:56 pm Reply with quote
I've just tried the beta version and it still won't connect ):

I have turned off all my firewalls on my computer (windows firewall and zonealarm), and with regards to the firewall port settings there is no "off"; you either open them, or close them. By default, mine are all open, which is why I want to make a separate rule that is TEF-specific to enforce it (:

I'd be really grateful if you could look into it <3 I've run out of things to try...
Sluggs
Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Since you're doing some work on the game, maybe incorporate an option for players to mute certain annoying Deer, as spoken about some time ago?

I've noticed that some players on the community site do have trouble with other players, and it would make their forest experience a happy one, if they can hide a certain annoying player.
Ravenflight
Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:07 am Reply with quote
Would the addition of new things to TEF include a MAC Version :3?
ToT
Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:45 am Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 22 Apr 2008 Posts: 305 Location: Gent, Belgium
Ravenflight wrote:

Laughing
It's amusing how oblivious some people are of the complexity and inaccessibility of this technology to the creative. Or how excessive their estimates of our wealth.

Short answer: no.
Dag
Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Hi again ToT, just wanted to ask you something in relation to my zero-connection problem from earlier in this thread.

My internet speed was very low, and it's steadily climbing higher. Right now it's just tipped the 2megabit mark, and when I try to run tef (both 3.31 & the beta version) it plummets down to 1.6megabits. This is poor, I know, so do you think this is the reason it cannot connect? I can see that it's trying, but it always says 37 players are connected.
If it helps, my usual internet speed is a maximum of 2.5megabits in our area, and I've always been able to play the game fine at that speed.

Thanks for your time (:
boomco
Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Does the new game engine mean better graphics for TEF? I was told this, if so will it be much different? o:

Thank you for working on TEF by the way, we all appreciate it very much.
ToT
Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Dag wrote:
My internet speed was very low, and it's steadily climbing higher. Right now it's just tipped the 2megabit mark, and when I try to run tef (both 3.31 & the beta version) it plummets down to 1.6megabits. This is poor, I know, so do you think this is the reason it cannot connect? I can see that it's trying, but it always says 37 players are connected.

The problem does seem to be related to internet connection speed/bandwidth.
ToT
Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:20 pm Reply with quote
boomco wrote:
Does the new game engine mean better graphics for TEF? I was told this, if so will it be much different? o:

Thank you for working on TEF by the way, we all appreciate it very much.

You're welcome. Smile

No, the engine upgrade is minor. The graphics will be the same.
Dag
Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:01 am Reply with quote
ToT wrote:
Dag wrote:

The problem does seem to be related to internet connection speed/bandwidth.

It topped 5megabits this evening and the game still didn't connect, but the "news" loads fine... I think I'll just have to wait until you get back to me on what ports the game uses - it's the only other thing I haven't been able to try yet.

Thanks for your patience (:
ToT
Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:19 am Reply with quote
Dag wrote:
I think I'll just have to wait until you get back to me on what ports the game uses

Here's an old thread about that:
http://tale-of-tales.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=382
Ravenflight
Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:06 am Reply with quote
ToT wrote:
Ravenflight wrote:

Laughing
It's amusing how oblivious some people are of the complexity and inaccessibility of this technology to the creative. Or how excessive their estimates of our wealth.

Short answer: no.

Apologies. Im sorry I don't have the knowledge of things like this, seeing as its not my forte'.
You didn't have to be so condescending about it.
ToT
Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:34 am Reply with quote
Ravenflight wrote:
You didn't have to be so condescending about it.

I'm sorry if that's how it came over.
We just get this question a lot and it always sounds like people are making demands of us that are completely reasonable in their eyes, as if we're only on this planet to please them and as if it's just a matter of choice to us and not a very complex financial and technological issue. I wish the divide between creators and consumers was smaller. But that's not how history played out.

I think it's safe to assume that every developer wants to see their games on every platform available. And that the fact that it isn't, usually is not the result of a choice by the developer. And the more creative the developer is, artistically, the less choice they will generally have in the matter (because their work will be less commercial and their skills less technical).
Redkora
Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:55 am Reply with quote
Sorry that this is late in coming, but I've been out of the loop with coursework and life: Thank you for working on TEF! Smile Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile
XiongMao
Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Yay thanks a lot ^^ I think the game is really interesting for the ones who love the nature and animals (like me)
I can find a bit of peace in that game, it's odd the way it suits myself this much, well, new features are well welcomed.
I guess the game should have a few more places to visit and the map should be bigger, its up to you guys though, thanks for the good wor and i hope you all keep doing this wonderful job on a so creative game.
Best wishes.

Xiong Mao