top_image

<  Forest Tips and Cheats  ~  Sleeping in the air

Scape
Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:20 am Reply with quote
Joined: 15 Feb 2008 Posts: 4154 Location: Sleeping Amongst the Dragonflies
...can someone find where I typed how to do it, so I don't have to retype it for the nth time? ^^;
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Hert_Ivy
Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 26 Jun 2006 Posts: 21 Location: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Divinor wrote:
Yeah, I already know how to fly, run to a hill or something and jump. But I cant stand still while flying, have seen other deers doing just that, and some of them slept in the air. How did they do such thing?

heey
it's not difficult if you're in the air to the races are (you must advance even your fingers on the button to submit it to do) terwel you to the races, you're pressing Esc if you do you'll stil.Yes are on menu as what you dingenjtes pressed (moving) and then press Ctrl is the menu image away.

ps: you can just get up in the air by pressing het'stand'button to press as long as you're on the menu.
Urulokiwen
Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:37 am Reply with quote
What I do is I just keep running and jumping then when I've gotten to when I want to I just press Esc key and I sit down.

The menu come up but I just hold down Ctrl to make it dissapear.
Veedra
Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:20 am Reply with quote
Joined: 20 Nov 2009 Posts: 36 Location: painting on a tree!
and what about flying without running? ...I´ve seen deers suddenly going up and up while they were still, like if they were in an invisible elevator..how do they do it?????? Shocked it´s driving me crazy!!
Jen
Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:31 am Reply with quote
It's part of the glitch. To you it looks like you're flying through the air but to other people you're just running across the groun and suddenly you're in the air. Laughing
WolfHeart88
Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:29 am Reply with quote
Joined: 28 Dec 2009 Posts: 109 Location: Hunting for souls in the Graveyard.

Last edited by WolfHeart88 on Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Jen
Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:42 am Reply with quote
It's good to do some reading on the forum before asking questions.

http://tale-of-tales.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3593
Moogie
Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:15 pm Reply with quote
swiftdeer2 wrote:
why does it have to be a secret? all the other glitches like flying and water-walking aren't secrets...

Not to cast judgement or ruffle any feathers, but the answer to that is simple: elitism. Not just with this glitch, but all of them. They've always been considered taboo; not to be publically discussed, lest common knowledge threaten the 'special' status of the players who already know how to perform them. People want to be able to show off unique actions that aren't normally doable in the game as some sort of proof of their skills, or even as a status symbol -- in the absence of trophies, this stuff is virtual bling, baby!

But that's why I created the waterwalking thread way-back-then. I felt that it needed to be documented somewhere, so that anyone who wanted to know the secret could find it. People generally did not want anyone discussing it publically, but I disagreed with that. It doesn't demonstrate any special skill or ability of the player who does it, it's just a learned action that anyone can accomplish... and perhaps that's what makes it so threatening? Once everyone knows how, it's no longer special.

I do get that. I'm not even saying it's wrong, I enjoy showing off all the funny stuff we can do too. But I also think everyone has the right to learn how, and not to feel (or intentionally be) left out. So if somebody asks me how to do something, I gladly teach them how. Smile
Liëka
Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:25 am Reply with quote
Sorry, who's saying it's a secret? I must of missed that. :< It really isn't/ought not to be.

P.S. Also, oh look! Moogie! Haven't seen that name active in a while.
Moogie
Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:32 am Reply with quote
Liëka wrote:
Sorry, who's saying it's a secret? I must of missed that. :< It really isn't/ought not to be.

P.S. Also, oh look! Moogie! Haven't seen that name active in a while.

Very Happy My deer spirit is visiting from far away lands. I may stay awhile. Smile
hakilu
Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:24 am Reply with quote
Hey, michael!! is that deer picture next to your text on your post YOU??? i saw you today but you kept running away Sad
Terabetha
Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:53 am Reply with quote
Hakilu, somebody already answered this question on your post at the Community site over here.