top_image

<  The Path - PC problems  ~  A few bugs. Minor issues and serious ones...

Ricardo
Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:42 am Reply with quote
I bought the game The Path in Steam, and I have been playing it for six hours. I am just dazzle about how beautiful, original, magic, dark and cool it is.

After this words, the point of this thread is to inform you about a few bugs I found in game. I hope that is not wrong to post four different bugs in just one thread.

-Crash. Sent to desktop during game without a error message or anything. It happen to me about three times in six hours. I can not give you more details about this issue, except that I was running through the forest when it happen, I think so, but maybe this action is nothing about the crash...

-Graphic clipping. The girls can go through thin trees (but not the big ones) . This is specially obvious when they are lead by the white-dress girl back to the path. Sometimes when the white-dress girl is dancing arround, she got herself inside a tree (this situation includes thick trees).

-Invisible object. Playing with Scarlet, when I reach the place where the wheelchair is suppouse to be, I can not see the chair, but Scarlet can “see it”, due the “vision” of the wheelchair is displayed on screen, and then she starts the script about to sit down and display a text. When she sit down on the chair, she got herself invisible, and when she stand up again, she appear and the wheelchair appear as well.

-Text unreadable. Sometimes the text displayed on screen is unreadeble or barely unreadable. This issue happen when the background is too lightly. A good example is the rye area with the scarecrow inside.

I can post my DxDiag document, if it is necesary (but it is quite big!).
Michael
Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 07 Jun 2002 Posts: 8065 Location: Gent, Belgium
Thank you for mentioning these. The clipping and unreadable text is normal (if a bit sloppy). The invisible object has been mentioned before and is something we will look into (thanks for the additional details!). The crashing is odd. If you learn anything more about the circumstances, please let us know. (could it have anything to do with you videocard getting too hot?)
Ricardo
Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:23 am Reply with quote
Hi, Michael. Are you Michaël Samyn? This is really cool, to talk directly with the author.

Some extra details about these bugs:

-Invisible objects. It is nothing about Scarlet, due it happend with other girls. It happen to me again with the wheelchair, in the same way, and with that wall where two of they paint grafittis, the wall was invisible, but the spray was there. After a while I was back there, and the wall was visible.

-Crashes. It hardly can be a graphic card problem due I have dozens of games instaled on this PC, and it use to work fine...

My Laptop:
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2046MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS

-Graphic clipping and text hard to read. Well, you are the boss, if you say that it is "by design", there is nothing else to say. But it doesnt looks very good at all...

Thank you.
Michael
Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:53 am Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 07 Jun 2002 Posts: 8065 Location: Gent, Belgium
Ricardo wrote:
Hi, Michael. Are you Michaël Samyn? This is really cool, to talk directly with the author.

Yes, hello!
It's what we do around here. Smile

Thanks for the new details!

Ricardo wrote:
Crashes. It hardly can be a graphic card problem due I have dozens of games instaled on this PC, and it use to work fine...

That's a nice videocard. But it could still become too hot. Especially since it's in a laptop! Try to find a way to make it cool off better (lift it from the table? add a fan?)
Another thing you might want to experiment with is the shader option to render the characters.

Ricardo wrote:
Graphic clipping and text hard to read. Well, you are the boss, if you say that it is "by design", there is nothing else to say. But it doesnt looks very good at all...

I agree. But any alternative I can think of is even worse.