top_image

<  The Path - PC problems  ~  Cannot See. Covered in Noise. (SPOILERS)

Acronychal
Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:36 am Reply with quote
Sorry, can't describe this problem without spoilers, so back away anyone who hasn't seen the ending of all five girls. (Unless you don't care!)

I played through much of The Path and ended up with Scarlet as my last chosen girl. After meeting her "wolf," when she should have awoken in front of Grandma's place, the screen was covered in glitchy noise. I tried to save and restart after several minutes of not being able to get rid of it.

I skipped having to go through Scarlet's version of the house (which I personally do not mind; I can see this later) but what DOES bother me is now that I can select the girl in white at the start, as soon as she enters the forest...

All I can see is this, the same thing I saw when I should have seen Scarlet "wake":

Any help? I can still "move" apparently, since the guides around the edge of the screen act like I am, but I cannot see anything, and it makes exploring a mite difficult.

Everything was fine until Scarlet's wolf; it may be worth noting that all the other girls I experienced during the "day" because they wandered off right away, but Scarlet almost got to grandma's house before veering off the path and her venture was dark as a result. (I felt like it fit her character... ha.)
Michael
Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 07 Jun 2002 Posts: 8065 Location: Gent, Belgium
This looks like a graphics error caused by your videocard overheating. We recommend that you don't play for hours on end. Just quit the game after a chapter, for instance, and let the computer cool off.

Otherwise, remove the cover of your computer and point a table fan on the videocard. That's how I played Oblivion. Laughing
Acronychal
Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Aha, thanks! Got it working now with some cooling down. Never would have guessed that much, seeing as I was taking breaks between chapters. This machine is struggling though, especially in the heat department, so it makes sense.

It doesn't like Oblivion much either. 8D

Thanks again. I wouldn't want to miss out on the epilogue.
paisleyblue
Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:47 pm Reply with quote
if you're having problems overheating, you could also put a floor/table fan or two directly pointing into the computer to help cooling. this might help the graphical problem you're having due to the heat. Smile

edit: oh, i see i'm not the only one with that idea. =P