top_image

<  The Path - PC problems  ~  Game doesn't work, all I see is a white box on launch

Skeith
Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Q6600, 4GB RAM, 4870 512MB

I have the Steam version and today when I try to launch the game all I get is a white box that is occasionally windowed. This happened after I updated my ATI drivers, I'd like to see if anybody has had this happen (or better, a solution) before rolling back since these drivers are nice.
Shaelrion
Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm having the same exact problem. I updated my drivers, as well, ATI to be exact, too. I've been wanting to continue playing the game, but I've been unable to due to this issue.
Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Same here, I downloaded the game off of Steam. If anybody could help, that'd be great.
Michael
Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 07 Jun 2002 Posts: 8065 Location: Gent, Belgium
Please post your specs. Does this happen on ATI cards only? Windows XP or Vista?

One thing you might want to try is to set the refresh rate on your videocard to a fixed value that you know your monitor can handle (so not "default" or "auomatic").

When The Path starts up for the first time, it tries to render the game in the current resolution of the desktop and then saves those values. So you could try changing the resolution of your desktop and restarting the game. Before you do this, make sure you remove The Path saved game from your Application Data folder.
Asbestos
Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:40 pm Reply with quote
I'm also having this problem...

I got the game through Steam and I'm running WindowsXPProfessional with an ATI RadeonHD2400...All my other games run fine. ._.
My processor and RAM meet the requirements, I've tried fiddling with my refresh rate, with my resolution, deleting and re-installing the game, etc...

Doesn't seem to want to work...not sure what else I can try. I've been looking forward to playing this for a while now. D:
Any other suggestions?