top_image

<  The Path - discussion  ~  Object interaction question

jayB0T
Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Obviously not all objects are interactive but on a couple of occasions now I feel like... I'm missing adding an object to the basket or executing the lines of text that help flesh out my current "girl in red". Perhaps some objects can only be used by some girls?

[Spoilers?]
Some examples:
Stumbled across a clothes line with Scarlet (obviously a neat freak...). An overlay of the clothes line flutters on the screen and I wait for her to interact... but nothing happens. Forced interact has no effect either. Tra la la off I go into the woods.

Stumble across a boarded up ruins of a house(?) Indistinct images of faces flash across the screen, unsettling. On the ground a bottle can clearly be seen. It stands out so much game conventions would dictate that I should be able to pick it up... especially as I seem to be collecting things, but I seem to be unable to get any interaction with the entire setting.

So. Is this normal or am I experiencing the equivalent of hunting around for the one pixel or object I can use in an adventure game?

Still loving the game.

-jayB0T
Viking
Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:11 pm Reply with quote
The clothes line I had a bit of problem with as well. If you make sure Scarelt is standing right in the middle of the clothesline she will interact. Otherwise try coming at the clothes from the other side.

As for the boarded up house (or any other places for that matter) if the face of another Red appears on screen, you know only those particular Reds will be able to do anything there.
Which, on another note, seems to disagree with the basket screen as every girl I play has the boarded up house in slate on their screen which indicates they have to interact with it. As far as I know only 2 Reds interact.
jayB0T
Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, after some afternoon playing I have figured out that only some reds can interact with some objects, or most can interact with an object but only one or two can put it in the basket. I also realized because I didn't figure it out sooner there is going to be some empty spaces in my basket by the time all the reds meet their "wolves".

If I need to play through a second time its going to be a bit tedious Sad :
Viking
Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Each to their own personal opinion, but if you think it's going to be tedious, I wouldn't even recommend playing it once. Razz
I'm halfway through a second playthrough already, still discovering new things, but the gamer side of me is being annoyed by what I think is an inventory glitch which is kind of spoiling it.
Michael
Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:12 am Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 07 Jun 2002 Posts: 8065 Location: Gent, Belgium
Don't worry. There's no need to do everything. You can't anyway, since there's so many variables that no two players could possibly play the same game. Just play the story instead of the game.
rinku
Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:15 am Reply with quote
I think the GUI itself of the basket might be contributing to the idea of collecting everything, since it has a grid and slots for each thing. Perhaps it would have been more interesting if instead of a grid, the items were stacked up on top of each other haphazardly, so there is no clear "empty boxes" producing the feeling of having missed something.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger