top_image

<  The Path - discussion  ~  Who has the path

bonedevil
Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:36 pm Reply with quote
sign if you do *sign* just got it have not played it yet, I am really excited though Very Happy
path to home
Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:57 pm Reply with quote
I have it Smile
REDfan
Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:00 am Reply with quote
Got it right when they posted it! Played through with Robin so far.
Chainsawkitten
Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:18 am Reply with quote
I've got it. It's great, my only complaint is about my crappy computer that makes it lag. >=(
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Viking
Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:30 am Reply with quote
Got it on Steam, and also ordered the USB special edition. Surprised
bonedevil
Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:45 am Reply with quote
I just got through ginger and ruby, so far it is really good! though gingers game ended before I was ready
REDfan
Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:47 am Reply with quote
That's exactly what happened to me with Robin. But I gave in just went for the wolf because I wanted to see what an ending was like.
bonedevil
Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:50 am Reply with quote
anyway I cant wait to play the others but I need to find more, in both I only got a few items, so not much comentary from the girls, I think I will do scarlet next...
Emriss
Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:41 am Reply with quote
Chainsawkitten wrote:
I've got it. It's great, my only complaint is about my crappy computer that makes it lag. >=(

Yeah, I know what you mean. If you're on Windows, I find it helps to Ctrl+Alt+Delete to the Task Manager, go to System Proccesses, and delete stuff running in the backround that isn't neccessary. It comes back on when you restart, so no harm done.
Wildbluesun
Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Dec 2006 Posts: 4266 Location: London, Land of Tea and Top Hats
I've ordered the USB version, but it shouldn't be arriving until the first week or two of April. Smile
Xiira
Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:46 pm Reply with quote
I've got the game - if you can call it that! - and was playing through with Rose for a while. It's very unique, the graphics are beautiful, but as with anything it isn't without its flaws. I found Rose's comments to be a bit cheesy, the visuals (blurred/granulated) to exasperate the headache I already have, and while at first the game seemed creepy, I became so bored I didn't really care anymore. Crying or Very sad But perhaps it's the headache making me grumpy. I'll continue playing once it goes away, because I really want to like it.

If any computer game could be called art though, it's definitely this.
Michael
Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Site Administrator Joined: 07 Jun 2002 Posts: 8065 Location: Gent, Belgium
Try playing in short sessions, perhaps, Xiira. If you force The Path to become something that it is not, the game will resist. Play slowly and try to find a way of playing that feels nice.

No guarantees, of course. If you end up not enjoying it, just leave it alone. Then it's not for you. That's perfectly fine.
Xiira
Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:14 pm Reply with quote
That's true Michael, and in fact I found myself wanting to like a book once but it became more and more boring each time I tried to read it. Then again, sometimes it's completely opposite with different books or different things. It just depends.

But I have good news - my headache cleared and after playing through both Rose and Robin, I can almost definitely say I like the game/story. Some aspects are still a bit annoying, like for instance when I finished Rose's story and went on to Robin right after I lagged terribly. But it was fixed when I exited and loaded it up again.

The music is quite pretty but gets old after a while to be honest. It'd be nice if I could add my own. The scenery, too tends to get a bit old but if I play in short instances as you suggest it's more tolerable.

The story and general creepiness makes up for much of that, though, and I must say it's one of the most unique things I've played besides The Endless Forest.

Awesome job and keep it up! Smile
Ericson
Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:34 pm Reply with quote
I preordered it on D2D, and have completed the game (I spend an unhealthy amount of time gaming). I think Rose was my favorite.
Viking
Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:24 pm Reply with quote
One thing I would recommend to bring some 'variety' to the scenery, is try entering the forest further down the path to grandmother's house. Entering right next to the pathway and it's pretty much pitch black. And have look around the back of her house as well and look in the window. I liked that. Smile