top_image

<  Game reviews  ~  Horizons: Empires of Istaria

Verdalas
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Feb 2007 Posts: 3627 Location: When the time is right, you'll know..
They changed the name, but whatever. I AM SO GLAD I AM PLAYING THIS GAME RIGHT NOW. xD

It's a P2P MMO where most of the content is user-created through crafting, building, etc. You choose one of 11 races with their own special abilities and such:

- Dragon
- Dryad
- Dwarves
- Elves
- Fiends
- Half-Giants
- Saris
- Human
- Sslik
- Gnomes
- Satyrs

For most of the classes, you pick your class like monk, mage, etc. apart from dragons which have their own seperate schools.

Lately the game's been taken over by a new company who want to get it up and running again. Me and my boyfriend joined up with the guidance of the wonderful Nempiano and I took some shots of last night. ^_^

There are different payment account types.. Around $9 (I think) for a basic account and $14 for a full account with all the benefits. There's also a 14 day free trial which I recommend everyone tries out. ^^
LizardFish
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 25 Nov 2007 Posts: 461 Location: In a box-fort. Hiding from Trinket. :U
NAME PLEASE. Laughing Shocked Laughing Surprised

Slee Maogrin is my main alt on Order (Beware, he's a nutter.)
Though I have about a BAZILLION other alts. XD

Also, there's a mod you can download off the forums which makes dragon teeth + horns white. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.
There's also an Emote pack that gives you like.. loadsmorewin-ness.

Dat's Slee and his IC adoptive father, DharSii.
SLEEEEE, WHAT DID I TELLS YOU, ABOUT BURRYIN' THE UNDEADS IN THE FLOOR? >8T
Verdalas
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:58 pm Reply with quote
oh ums. My name is stupidly long. LETMELOOK.

Faiyranorth

^^ I named and coloured her based on the Pernese style after seeing a member named C'gan on the forums. DRoP ftw. <3

LINKS TO MODS PLEASE? I saw there was one that restored the Ancients to old size but I thought it was outdated so I left it. Neutral

Aaaand I made Siggy Nemnem into my char adoptive.. Uncle mother thing. xD
LizardFish
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:48 pm Reply with quote
I THINK I SAW YOU ONLINE..

Laughing

And yah, C`gan is cool <: His dragon's name is Tagath. Slee has it out for C`gan 'cuz he pinched his nose with pliers, ergo now wants to eat his face, in the most pleasant way possible of course XD

The original Ancient size mod is still going, I haven't downloaded it yet because Slee is nowherenear being ancient. Heck, he isn't even an adult yet :B

White teeth and claws
Zexy and Fire's emote pack <-- This also adds sounds to lots of the actions <:

... *logs on to try to find you* Very Happy
Verdalas
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:52 pm Reply with quote
I shall be logging on now!

I'm currently having a debate over my own playlist or the one ingame. I like both. O_O

EDIT::

Oh wait. Maintainence again. --; It's typical that it has to be on the days I have off and at the times I can get on. I'm not Ameriicaaan!
LizardFish
Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:07 pm Reply with quote
They have maintenance every Tuesday, WHICH I ALWAYS FORGET ABOUT.

The stuff last night was because the last update from this Tuesday's maintenance had screwed up the spawning on this rather important bossmob that's needed when doing the RoP for hatchlings. SO THEY LIKE, HAD TO FIX IT REAL QUICK.
Verdalas
Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:34 pm Reply with quote
I put on the Ancient mod so they were restored to their normal size..

I wet myself when I logged on and had the Herald standing right in front of me. xD
Xiira
Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:57 am Reply with quote
I so did not expect to see people who play Istaria here. I used to, but canceled my account last month because I lost contact with most of my old friends and I felt like I was getting left out of everything.

BUT, I had so much fun there while it lasted. Learning new abilities, building my lair, and especially roleplaying all made it awesome. And being a dragon, of course.

My name was Draexiira; maybe some of you remember me. Here's a screen -> http://i27.tinypic.com/qqqtf7.png
Emriss
Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:46 am Reply with quote
Hm, sounds like fun! Thought this was another one of those monotonous games at first, but if there's a decent RP community...

Will post character name and whatnot once it's created, if ya'll don't mind my long-term newbishness. I always spend more time than most at a low level because I have almost no patience for grinding. >.<
Verdalas
Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:26 am Reply with quote
I've actually found the levelling easy once you get the hang of it. Just make sure you don't sell your Lore tokens like me. xD
LizardFish
Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Xiira wrote:
dragon, of course.

My name was Draexiira; maybe some of you remember me.

Draexiira :D

I remember you. I don't thing we ever talked or anything online, but I recall seeing you around, and yer awesomesauce story on the forums. Likeseriouslygivemeyourskills. Razz

And heh, Verrrrd. XD

I've still got some of the journeyman tokens- Slee doesn't use them so you can have them~ I'd offer you some from my alts but none of them are past 10 crafting and I'll need to buy them spell forms to level them. >_>;

... I'll probably have spare though c:
Xiira
Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:18 pm Reply with quote
LizardFish wrote:
Xiira wrote:
dragon, of course.

My name was Draexiira; maybe some of you remember me.

Draexiira :D

I remember you. I don't thing we ever talked or anything online, but I recall seeing you around, and yer awesomesauce story on the forums. Likeseriouslygivemeyourskills. Razz

Yarr, I remember seeing you too. Good to know that someone likes my story 'cause I always thought it was emo. xD
Moogie
Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Looks fun - and I need something to play while I wait for Darkfall. Smile

*Hops in!*
Emriss
Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:12 am Reply with quote
Moogie wrote:
Looks fun - and I need something to play while I wait for Darkfall. Smile

DAMNIT! I WAS JUST STARTING TO FORGET >Sad. I've been obsessing over that for about two years now, and it's not even out yet. :p. Getting close, though!

Anyway, all registered, though might not bother staying past the trial run. Iz Emriss Arravi the Dryad, because I'm so strikingly original. X)
Bjeff
Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Verdalas wrote:
They changed the name, but whatever. I AM SO GLAD I AM PLAYING THIS GAME RIGHT NOW. xD

It's a P2P MMO where most of the content is user-created through crafting, building, etc. You choose one of 11 races with their own special abilities and such:

- Dragon
- Dryad
- Dwarves
- Elves
- Fiends
- Half-Giants
- Saris
- Human
- Sslik
- Gnomes
- Satyrs

For most of the classes, you pick your class like monk, mage, etc. apart from dragons which have their own seperate schools.

Lately the game's been taken over by a new company who want to get it up and running again. Me and my boyfriend joined up with the guidance of the wonderful Nempiano and I took some shots of last night. ^_^

There are different payment account types.. Around $9 (I think) for a basic account and $14 for a full account with all the benefits. There's also a 14 day free trial which I recommend everyone tries out. ^^
I have read about that game I think I would like it but the problem is, I have Vista but my dad shall get much/many/huge money from his mothers latest man that has died.And then he shall buy a bigger computer.

And about the 14 days free trial, you can't upgrade your account sorry.